And the GOP establishment favorites are firmly in the tank (now joined by Carson). Here are the numbers reported by Steve Benen in the MaddowBlog.
As New Hampshire polling goes, the new Franklin Pierce University/Boston Herald survey will probably reinforce the Republican establishment’s biggest fears.
- Donald Trump: 26% (down from 28% in October)
- Ted Cruz: 12% (up from 5%)
- Marco Rubio: 12% (up from 6%)
- Chris Christie: 11% (up from 3%)
- Jeb Bush: 10% (up from 9%)
- John Kasich: 8% (up from 6%)
- Carly Fiorina: 6% (down from 10%)
The remaining candidates were each at 5% support or lower, including Ben Carson, who was in second place with 16% just a couple of months ago.
In terms of shifts, Cruz and Christie are clearly the biggest movers in this poll, which is roughly consistent with other recent data.
But the broader takeaway is the fact that the Republican establishment is divided, and the result is a gift for the GOP frontrunner.