There’s not much new here in AZBluueMeanie’s report that Intelligence agencies have intercepted calls between the Trump campaign and Russian Intelligence officials. But what I find interesting is the very long list of comments and rebuttals. Cutting to that chase, from commenter For Sure Not Tom:
FYI, I don’t think Trump is an intentional traitor, I don’t think he’s that smart. I think he’s a puppet being led around by his ego.
I think he’s a danger because he has no idea what he’s doing. He’s still driven by ratings.
The GOP owns this, good luck.
But what clearly IS intentional is Trump’s persistent undermining of our judiciary, intelligence community, and press.
Add to all that Trump is borderline (at least) NPD as explained in the January 12 article in the Huffington Post Trump and Narcissistic Personality Disorder. (h/t Paul McCreary)
Many psychology experts use the criteria in the Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders (DSM), published by the American Psychiatric Association, to diagnose mental conditions. DSM–5 criteria for NPD includes these features:
• Having an exaggerated sense of self-importance.
• Expecting to be recognized as superior.
• Exaggerating your achievements and talents.
• Being preoccupied with fantasies about success, power, brilliance, beauty or the perfect mate.
• Believing that you are superior and can only be understood by or associate with equally special people.
• Requiring constant admiration.
• Having a sense of entitlement.
• Expecting special favors and unquestioning compliance with your expectations.
• Taking advantage of others to get what you want.
• Having an inability or unwillingness to recognize the needs and feelings of others.
• Being envious of others and believing others envy you.
• Behaving in an arrogant or haughty manner.
Narcissistic personality disorder crosses the border of healthy confidence into thinking so highly of yourself that you put yourself on a pedestal and value yourself more than you value others. Does this sound like Mr. Trump? You bet it does!
There are a bunch of worrisome people surrounding Trump, and I include Russians in that group, who know how to play Trump’s narcissism. That makes him the president most dangerous to our democracy - ever.