In a barrage of 4-letter words Anthony “ScaryMucho” Scaramucci tells Ryan Lizza of the New Yorker exactly what he thinks of everyone. Lizza recounts the phone call in Anthony Scaramucci Called Me to Unload About White House Leakers, Reince Priebus, and Steve Bannon. He started by threatening to fire the entire White House communications staff. It escalated from there.
Thursday night, Rachel Maddow could not bring herself to repeat what ScaryMucho said. Having lived in Army barracks for a few years your Scriber has no such compunctions.
- WH Chief of Staff Reince Priebus: “a fucking paranoid schizophrenic, a paranoiac.” Channeling Priebus: “Let me leak the fucking thing and see if I can cock-block these people the way I cock-blocked Scaramucci for six months.”
- The swamp: “they’re going to have to go fuck themselves.”
- Steve Bannon: “I’m not Steve Bannon, I’m not trying to suck my own cock” … “I’m not trying to build my own brand off the fucking strength of the President.”
- Leakers: “What I want to do is I want to fucking kill all the leakers”
- WH aides: “This is going to get cleaned up very shortly, O.K.? Because I nailed these guys. I’ve got digital fingerprints on everything they’ve done through the F.B.I. and the fucking Department of Justice.”
Lizza has much more of the telephone call in his New Yorker report.
Trump appointed ScaryMucho over the objections of Chief of Staff Reince Priebus and established the reporting line direct from ScaryMucho to Trump.
Today, Friday, Trump named John Kelly (Secretary of Homeland Security and retired Marine general) to be the WH Chief of Staff replacing Priebus. Rack up another one to ScaryMucho.
Scriber thinks Kelly’s first task is to reroute ScaryMucho’s reporting from directly to Trump to Kelly. And then Kelly should can ScaryMucho. That most likely will not happen. Why? Because loyalty to Trump is more important than qualifications.
Kelly is a respected and honorable man. So start counting the months until Kelly is gone.