Here are some themes from this Mournday Mourning’s Illustrated News from AZBlueMeanie at Blog for Arizona.
Zero Tolerance? As it applies to Trump World, does that refer to domestic policy or foreign policy?
the ability or willingness to tolerate something, in particular the existence of opinions or behavior that one does not necessarily agree with.
- Make America Hate Again - MAHA, HA, Ha, ha, ha, ha, …
- Sarah wants to eat in peace - as Trump and his GOP Trumpkins feast on the corpse of our constitution.
- “Total and complete shutdown … of Muslims entering the United States”: Alioto (see no truth), Gorsuch (hear no truth), Roberts (speak no truth).
- military necessity (1944), national security (2018). “I dissent” - Justice Sotomayor.
- What Trump meant to say about the Red Hen: “If a president is dirty on the outside, he’s dirty on the inside.”
- Trump to immigrant children: “Pardon me, not you.”
- Which two departments would Trump combine to create a Department of Child Labor?
- American values Trump can live without … but Harley Davidson? Trade war cycles coming our way.
- Normally peace-loving Canada goes to (trade) war - slaps tariffs on US-made stuff.
And on the matter of Justice Anthony Kennedy retiring (sung to the tune of “Bye, Bye, Blackbird”) …
None of you can know or understand us
Oh, what hard luck stories you tell SCO-TUS
Pack up all your kids and leave, you we judge, and deceive
Bye, bye, values
What Donald Trump asked of me
Five-four’s sweet, so is he
Bye, bye, Justice
Zero Tolerance - as it applies to what the rest of us are in danger of losing.
tol·er·ance \ ˈtä-lə-rən(t)s , ˈtäl-rən(t)s <br> 1 : capacity to endure pain or hardship : endurance, fortitude, stamina
but also (lightly edited) “the capacity of the body politic to endure or become less responsive to an insult especially with repeated use or exposure”
And ending in a bit of humor …