While the medical community battles a new outbreak of measles, I think we should contemplate the possibility of vaccinations and vitamins for other disorders. Here is a partial list of vaccinations: Presidential churlishness, Attorney General dishonesty, Senators’ hypocrisy. We might boost some desirable characteristics: A vitamin for the rule of law and injections of empathy for the Cabinet come to mind.
Here are the rest of themes, schemes, memes, and falemes in this edition of the Illustrated Gnus (aka cartoons from AZ Blue Meanie at Blog for Arizona).
- WASPy parent’s question: “Why should we get the measles vaccine?” Pediatrician’s answer: “Because there is no vaccination for stupidity.” Child asks another question: “Is there a vaccine to protect me from lousy parenting?”
- Shootout at the NRA corral: LaPierre out-guns Ollie North.
- Trump’s battle with Congress over the separation of powers: The ax-man cometh. He’ll just cut Congress out of our government.
- Trumpocchio sets record with over 10,000 lies.
- Fitz explains Trump’s new asylum fee: “Give me your tired your poor … the shirts off your backs.”
- Toonists take jabs at the 20 (or so) Dem candidates for Prez. But Scriber’s Usually Unreliable Sources say that the DNC has a novel way of limiting the pool of candidates: A new slogan, “20 in 20.”