What the residents think of Trump buying Greenland.
Here are some of the other themes, schemes, memes, and falemes in this edition of the Illustrated Gnus (inspired by cartoons from AZ Blue Meanie at Blog for Arizona).
given to sudden and unaccountable changes of mood or behavior.
“a capricious and often brutal administration”
synonyms: fickle, inconstant, changeable, variable, unstable, mercurial, volatile, erratic, vacillating, irregular, inconsistent, fitful, arbitrary
Asked during a meeting with British Prime Minister Boris Johnson if he had any second thoughts about escalating the trade conflict, Trump told reporters, “Yeah. For sure.”
He added, “I have second thoughts about everything.”
Hours later, the White House backpedaled. Press secretary Stephanie Grisham issued a statement saying the press had “greatly misinterpreted” Trump’s comments. She said the president only responded “in the affirmative - because he regrets not raising the tariffs higher.”
- Trump is OK with background checks - as long as they are written by the NRA specifying “pay to the order of Donald Trump”.
- Tump, “The chosen one”, ascended Mount Sinai and encountered a burning bush which said to Trump: “No, I’m not God you fool. I’m the economy burning up.”
- Trump descended the mountain with a
stone tablettabloid with his edicts. One read: “Thou shalt have no other God before ME.”
- Trump imagines himself to be the Messiah. The rest of us think of him as the MESS-iah.
- Differing approaches to fixing the economy: “Fix the fall, guys.” (Obama) “Find a fall guy.” (Trump)
- Trump’s 2020 campaign slogans: No Collusion, No Obstruction, No Recession. Do you believe any of them?
- With his Greenland acquisition thwarted, Trump is thinking about other islands. Is he thinking about Hawaii? (He’ll pay for the Hawaii purchase with sales of US public lands to drillers and miners.) If not, maybe he will settle for Epstein’s island.
While Amazonia burns, the Democratic National Committee (DNC) refuses to have a presidential candidate debate on climate change. Who are those guys? I’ll tell you in another post.