- Trumpists to the GOP: “Build the wall!” Never-Trumpers to Dems: “Build the will.”
- A significant digit: “1” Only one, just one Republican is willing to call out Trump for what he is.
- Why Republican Senators cannot vote to convict: they tolerated obstruction, corruption, and caged kids.
- What we have heard before: “Mexico will pay for the wall.” What we are hearing now: “China will pay for the tariffs.”
- Why the American farmer will vote for Trump: "China’s not buying so I got a bailout with money borrowed from China.
Here are the rest of themes, schemes, memes, and falemes in this edition of the Illustrated Gnus (aka cartoons from AZ Blue Meanie at Blog for Arizona).
- Trump threatens his political opponents with execution. Apparently he is not deterred by his misunderstanding of term “treason.”
- What we heard: “Stop investigating me and we can pass laws.” What he meant: “Tax cuts for the rich, health care cuts, climate destruction.”
- The world according to Grump: Asylum seekers are illegal, but ignoring subpoenas is not.
- The pro-life crowd is on the way to the border to rescue kids in cages.
- Just kidding!
- Trump delegated his infrastructure planning to John Bolton who has a clear vision of what to do with Iran’s infrastructure.
On this Memorial Day, David Fitzsimmons pens “In memory of the brave high school students who died in 2019 protecting their classmates because the adults in America have done nothing to protect them from gun violence.”