Here are some of the themes, schemes, memes, and falemes in this edition of the Illustrated Gnus (inspired by cartoons from AZ Blue Meanie at Blog for Arizona. Many focused on the Mueller hearing …
- In order to circumvent the Bar imposed by the Barr, Mueller spoke in code.
- The hearing was not politics, it was theology. Congress it needs an exorcist more than a prosecutor.
- Mueller: “The Russians are coming, the Russians are coming!” McConnell: “No they’re not, no they’re not.”
- McConnell blocks election security bills. Republicans welcome the Russian Internet Research Agency as election monitors.
- Speaking of that agency: Our task was to set Americans against their own government’: New details emerge about Russia’s trolling operation. That was known in 2017, so why are the Republicans obstructing justice in 2019?
- Scriber’s Usually Unreliable Sources report that “Moscow Mitch” McConnell invited Putin to join the Senate Republican Caucus, reasoning that Putin might be a Caucasian.
- Trump’s reasoning: re-election means no prison.
- The “Send her back” mantra refers to Lady Liberty - “Make America Freight Again.”
- Republican hogs dine at the public trough: Trillion dollar deficits are just OK with the GOPiglets.
- Trump made a SNAP decision: cut food stamps for the poor.
- If Trump hates America and Americans so much, why doesn’t HE leave?
- If he had a therapist the therapist would advise “Love it or leave it.”
- When he does leave, Scriber nominates a destination: Russia.
- Did you really think the Brits bred someone like Boris Johnson? Hah! That’s Trump splitting his time between White House and Downing Street.