- Trump has apparently backtracked on his ‘win-or-lose’ promise to invite the World Cup-winning US women’s soccer team to the White House. With regard to equal pay, Trump waffles on “the numbers.” Actually not wanting to go to the f’ing White House is adaptive; remember the story about how everything Trump touches dies?
Here are the other themes, schemes, memes, and falemes in this edition of the Illustrated Gnus (inspired by cartoons from AZ Blue Meanie at Blog for Arizona).
- The ICE agent cometh. CNN reports that ICE has begun raids to round up undocumented immigrants, official says.
- Scriber’s Usually Unreliable Sources (SUUS) tell us that First Lady Melania Trump (née Knauss) was threatened with deportation by ICE agents “about your 1996 green card violation and illegal employment.” SUUS also reports that dozens of employees were seen leaving Mar-a-Lago Saturday night.
- An American captivity 2019 analogy. Hispanic children : cages :: Trump supporters : Fox News.
- Another American analogy - segregation 2019. White men : drinking fountains :: Hispanics : toilets.
- If the president does it it cannot be a crime. So, AG Barr says, shooting someone in Times Square is OK.
- This just in from SUUS - Trump said to be upset that Acosta did not offer him a deal.
Check out this YouTube video of 1950s dancers swinging to Rockin’ Robin. Can you spot your Scriber?