George Conway tweeted: “Some advice from the woman in Arizona who, along with her husband, took chloroquine phosphate because @realDonaldTrump said on TV it was a cure and was safe. She’s in an ICU. Her husband’s dead.”
Here’s the story from CNN: Fearing coronavirus, Arizona man dies after taking a form of chloroquine used to treat aquariums.
(CNN)A Phoenix-area man is dead and his wife is under critical care after the two took chloroquine phosphate in an apparent attempt to self-medicate for the novel coronavirus, according to hospital system Banner Health.
It does not appear they took the pharmaceutical version of the drug, but rather “an additive commonly used at aquariums to clean fish tanks,” Banner Health said in a statement.
Banner Health, which is based in Arizona, didn’t give any details on how the couple, both in their 60s, acquired the chloroquine or which Banner hospital treated them.
“Within thirty minutes of ingestion, the couple experienced immediate effects requiring admittance to a nearby Banner Health hospital,” its statement said.
It didn’t stop there. Nigeria records chloroquine poisoning after Trump endorses it for coronavirus treatment.
Health officials in Nigeria have issued a warning over chloroquine after they said three people in the country overdosed on the drug, in the wake of President Trump’s comments about using it to treat coronavirus.
A Lagos state official told CNN that three people were hospitalized in the city after taking the drug. Officials later issued a statement cautioning against using chloroquine for Covid–19 treatment.
Remember Rick Wilson’s view of Trump: Everything Trump Touches Dies." The antidote is simple: do not believe anything Trump says.